Boat ownership comes with many ongoing costs that all potential boat buyers should be aware of. You can choose to buy your own boat online from aluminum boat suppliers at affordable prices.
Here are a few boat costs you may encounter:
- Fuel: If you want your boat to run then you’ll need to supply a steady stream of fuel, which could potentially add up to a hefty sum. It all depends on how often you’re using your boat.
- Insurance: As was stated earlier, Utah requires insurance. Rates will vary depending on how much insurance you want.
- Maintenance: Boats have many moving parts and these parts will need to be refreshed. Set aside some money for oil changes and miscellaneous expenses like replacing safety equipment (life vests/preservers, fire extinguishers, etc.), damaged propeller, cracks in the hull, erosion, and many more.
- Docking/Marina fees: You’ll end up having to pay a monthly or annual fee if you want to keep your boat at a local dock or marina.
- Storage: Many boaters will only bring their boat out when it’s “boating season” where they live. This means they’ll have to keep the boat in a safe place the rest of the year. You can search many convenient and fairly-priced storage spaces near you. Overall, it’s important to take the time to do your homework and ensure you’re making the right decision for you. Protect your investment, and you’ll be able to truly enjoy this major purchase.
These are some of the factors that include while you purchase a boat in Canada.